Wish is looking for a seasoned scriptwriter to work on a game it is currently developing. Funny, experienced and talented, the successful candidate will join the in-house team to create compelling scripts and realistic-sounding dialogue within a tight character brief.
As one of our scriptwriters you’ll work collaboratively with developers and designers, to create lines that not only fit in with gameplay, but also help to create a fantastic player experience.
Although you’ll have demonstrable scriptwriting experience, writing for games specifically is desirable but not essential. This is a six-month part-time contract role, based at our Brighton office, with potential for the term & hours to be extended in the future.
Your skills will include:
- Proven scriptwriter of entertaining and interesting dialogue
- Great writing skills
- Ability to develop great lines of dialogue
- Flair for coming up with creative ideas
- Logical approach to work
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- Working well both individually and collaboratively
- PLUS: Some games knowledge useful
You’ll also be:
- Writing snappy lines that fit a tight character brief
- Working to deadline
- Writing lines that translate into great gaming experiences for players
- Creating engaging dialogue lines that help develop a character
- Collaborating with people from all disciplines in a studio environment
- Participating in brainstorming sessions
- Responding to editorial feedback in a prompt, effective manner
If you think you fit the bill, please send some examples of recent writing work (published, ideally), an up-to-date CV and a covering letter to jobs [at] wishstudios [dot] co [dot] uk