We have a 12-month vacancy for a talented and experienced Senior Multiplayer Networking Programmer.
The Wish team is building something extremely special – it is a major release for our publishing partner; we can pretty much guarantee the game will be a major credit on your CV.
We’re looking for a veteran of multiplayer online programming on console or PC who can bring their wealth of experience to the online mode of our game, and help the development team understand their responsibilities in making it work smoothly.
We’re looking someone with the following qualifications and experience:
- Ideally a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent, however experience matters more than qualifications
- A solid technical understanding of C++ and preferably some C# experience
- Successful development and deployment of AAA real-time online networked game clients, either server-hosted or peer-to-peer, on consoles or PC
- Experience of UDP, TCP and HTTP protocols, and real-world DNS, NAT, firewalls, tunnelling
- Experience using network security measures including encryption, certificates, SSL
- Experience interfacing with a variety of back-end cloud technologies like AWS, PSN, Xbox Live, Steamworks
- Latency and bandwidth management strategies and real-world reliability management including disconnection handling and host migration
- An ability to mentor the game team regarding game requirements for networked gameplay
Wish has a tight, fun, hard-working culture. This is a great place to work. If you’re interested in hearing more, please drop us a line via jobs [at] wishstudios [dot] co [uk]