With multiple projects in development, and looking ahead at a busy, exciting 2017, Wish Studios is seeking a smart, approachable, experienced individual to join its management team as an Operations Director.
Wish is a team-centric, creative, friendly, hard-working studio. We want you to help us foster that shared creative drive to make great games, helping managers recruit, coach, motivate and counsel a world-class development team. You’ll keep the studio not just running but jumping, laughing and playing too, nurturing our culture as we take Wish forward.
You’re a person with: great planning capabilities; a keen eye for detail; a wealth of experience in running a creative business/ unit; a passion for developing team culture and skills; and a natural understanding of what makes people tick. You’ll be joining the management team of a company with nearly 30 in-house team members, and will need a sensitive, thoughtful approach as you segue into this role.
The Operations Director’s duties will include:
- Overseeing, assessing and improving day-to-day operations of the studio
- Developing and implementing ideas to improve our team culture, including organising events and incentives
- Working with managers and legal advisors to review, improve, negotiate and execute contracts
- Organising training programmes for team members, using both internal and external skills
- Working with the management team to create staffing forecasts, then leading the recruitment and interview process
- Improving our engagement with the wider industry by tracking and organising attendance of events, awards and briefings
- Leading all aspects of work related to our office space requirements, including dealing with agents, lawyers and landlords
- Overseeing HR and Health & Safety planning at the studio
- Overseeing (but not directly implementing) outward facing marketing and social media engagement, including the re-development and maintenance of the company website
We develop videogames of the very highest quality in our field, and we expect all our team members to strive for the very best in all that they do.
Salary DOE/ competitive, with a range of supporting benefits.
Please send an email with your CV and any other reference material to jobs[at]wishstudios[dot]co[dot]uk