Wish is looking for a User Interface (UI) Designer who combines fine layout skills with the ability to craft a smooth, intuitive interface system. Working in-house at our central Brighton office, the successful applicant will play a key role in the conception and delivery of a superb user experience (UX) for our next game. As such, we expect only individuals with strong prior experience in a similar position within a creative industry to apply.
We develop videogames of the highest quality in our field, and we expect our team members to strive for the very best in all that they do. Wish is a team-focused, creative studio, where we encourage open discussion and cross-discipline collaboration.
The role involves:
- Designing UI and menus for games, across multiple platforms
- Taking responsibility for the interface functionality and design of our products
- Crafting a compelling user experience for the game’s UI, focusing on simplicity of use and ease of comprehension
- Working in close collaboration with the Design and Art teams on the UI design, UX and overall flow
- Testing, fixing and improving the UI on a regular basis
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least three years’ experience working in UI design for games or apps
- Strong UI and user experience design skills
- Solid ability in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and/ or any other relevant layout applications
- Experience with Unity as a development platform
- Outstanding creativity and a strong commitment to whatever project they are engaged in making
- Excellent communication skills
This role is offered as a one-year fixed-term contract, with a range of related benefits. We are also happy to consider those who prefer to work on a freelance basis.
Please send an email with your CV, examples of your work, and any other reference material to jobs[at]wishstudios[dot]co[dot]uk